My Adventures in Wife land....
via cell phone pictures.
July 4, 2010 Jon and I decided to have a party.
So I had this idea
(my mom helped me with this one)
Pretty cute (only the girls at the party appreciated it.)
Then I wanted a dessert... who doesn't?
So I made PB cookies, rolled the edges in white chocolate and sprinkles....Decided to try out the PB dough in a mini muffin tin
pushed my thumb into them
baked them
filled them with white chocolate and sprinkles....
SUCCESS! DELICIOUS! I decided a cookie wasn't good enough so....
I colored vanilla ice cream and put it between the cookies.I had left over ice cream so...
a few days later
I layered it and decided to make an ice cream cake....Looks pretty good....
Tasted even better
(Yes I LOVE Red, white and blue and am finding ANY excuse to make a RW&B dessert this month.)
One kid at the party told Jon he was lucky because his wife made cake. I just have to pat myself on the back and say on that special saturday I had also gotten up early to:
cook Jon a breakfast burrito before he went to work
do laundry
wash his car
and made this cake.
(I also was a cleaning maniac the next day and managed to cook a delicious sunday dinner) What a successful WIFE weekend, not sure when it will happen again but it was kind of fun. I am also in the process of making a few crafts.... yes crafts. be prepared to be amazed.

1 comment:

Sister Beta said...

Rock on, MRS!! If only we lived closer...wife land is even more fun with friends nearby. :)