Ruby's Story-

I needed to put this down somewhere.
I had a few ultrasound leading up to Ruby's birth. She was measuring big (no surprise there) so they wanted to track her progress. At my last ultrasound she was measuring 9 lbs 6 oz (plus or minus a pound). Not long after my appointment my doctor (Dr. Shields) called me to tell me I was going to be induced and to come in on Monday night (March 24). I asked if she had seen the latest ultrasound, she told me no but she went ahead and scheduled it anyway. YEAH! I was going to be induced at 39 weeks. It was perfect, Jon finished his finals on Thursday and had a week off. I called my parents and they scheduled their flight for late Sunday night. At this point it became real. I did my best to spend as much time with Anna. I laid down and took naps with her everyday and stay with her until she fell asleep every night. i think she new something was going to change. She asked every night " mommy lay down a me.." I couldn't say no to that sweet request, I was actually very anxious about having a 2nd child. It had been just Anna and I for 2 1/2 years, life was going to change in a big way for her and it made me sad. It was nice to have those last few days with just Anna. On Saturday we took her into the city and spent as much time as we could with her. On Monday we met up with my parents and took Anna to dance class, went to the Please Touch Museum and Costco. Anna was going to sleep at the hotel so we pack up her stuff and jon and I went on our way to the hospital. We stopped at McDonalds because Jon was starving. I was so nervous that I was only able to eat an ice cream cone :). We got to the hospital and were check in to the room with a pull out couch! Jon was SO happy, when I was in the hospital for false labor/ dehydration (at 34 weeks) we were in a room with just a chair and Jon slept on the floor. We started getting all hooked up and ready to have a baby. I started slowly progressing throughout the night. I got morphine 1 time because the contractions were starting to become painful. I wasnt dilating as fast as my contractions were so they stopped the pictocin and gave me fluids. I was checked at 9:30 am when the doctors decided to break my water. I was at a 3. VERY soon after I was in intense pain and had had an exorcist moment with vomit. I rolled from side to side gripping the bed rails while moaning and trying to hold in my screams. I kept telling myself to hold out for the epidural, I finally asked for the anesthesiologist. He slowly wandered in and took his dear sweet time  placing the epidural and I moaned and tried not to move. As soon as they rolled me over to "even out the numbing" I yelled at the nurse "I NEED TO PUSH" She ran over to check me and I was complete. She got the doctors (Dr. High and Lavelanet) and let me push. On nurse pushed jon out of the way, climbed up on the table and started pushing as hard as she could to get her out. It didn't take long and between each push I seemed to almost fall asleep. Ruby was born at 10:44 am on March 25. 3 to a baby in 74 mins, a crazy, painful 74 mins. 9 lbs, 20 3/4 inches and so perfect. The took her to measure and make sure she was ok. I had to stop pushing while they unwrapped the cord and did a should distortion to get her out. The started stitching me up and I winced in pain, the doc looked at me and said, oops she can feel that. The epidural kicked in as soon as everything was over. boo, it was annoying to be numb when I didn't want to be. I finally got to hold her! They took her to the nursery to do test and whatever else they do. Unfortunately my mom was unable to be there for the birth. We called her and she made it to the hospital but the stupid nurse wouldnt let her in because Jon and I werent answering the phone. I was SO mad! Maybe for my 3rd she will get to be in there! My parents and Anna finally got to meet little Ruby June and it was so cute! She was named after my mom's mom. I new from early on she was going to be Ruby June, I just had to convince Jon. It was also perfect because one of her nicknames is Ruby Tuesday (a restaurant) which is the day she was born, she is also called Rubix, cube, Rubles and cue ball. 

No comments: