How did I ever get SO incredibly lucky? 
still a lack of pictures. I really didn't take that many because at the beginning of the trip we decided to share and we had a few paparazzi on the trip so I didn't have to worry.
I was sitting with some of the people I went to Peru with (so glad I got to hang out with them again) and started wondering how I got so lucky. The people I went with were so much fun and we all bonded so well. I can't believe I had such a wonderful opportunity to help out others. I would give anything to re-live those 10 days, they were indescribable.
 
There are many things that would make me happy right now:
  • Hanging out with the Peru VIDA crew
  • Showering with a bucket and dirty well water in the dark with Rylee and Sadie
  • not getting much sleep
  • the Lima airport (where we spent a considerable amount of time there...over 20 hours of pure fun and enjoyment with a little craziness in there)
  • wearing the same dirty outfit everyday
  • walking in the pouring rain and mud with Rylee
  • the food
  • hammocks
  • hauling around bricks, cement, sand, wood, shovels, and any other thing involving honest labor
  • building  huge fire to burn trash in the middle of the day and sweating to death
  • late night story time with the crew
  • waking up to a pre-pubescent cow or barking dogs
  • the people in the village
  • randomness (we had a lot of that on his trip)
  • card games
  • sleeping in the airport
  • bug bites
  • mosquito nets
  • smelling like deet and sunscreen
  • walking along the dirt road while Matt and Juan come zippin by on the moto. "nothing ever changes"
  • random outbursts of song in the airport or airplane
  • the list goes on and on and on.....pretty much anything dealing with this trip makes me happy. even the delays, lack of sleep, lack of food, lack of practically everything. I loved not being in contact or dealing with technology for 10 whole days! Oh how I love simplicity!
Let me introduce you to the wonderful people who took care of me:   I love them!
Matt: 
He was an awesome leader, so much fun to be around. he was always making us laugh, making sure we were working, and making sure we were happy and enjoying ourselves. I love this kid, he makes me laugh all the time.
Tosh:
HILARIOUS! Had some great quotes and entertained us all the time. I taught him how to spoon in the Lima airport on the cold tile floor (as well as a few other dating tips)... totally worth it! This kid is so much fun to be around.
Tyler:
 Great at taking pictures and playing with the kids. he made sure our trip was well documented. He also provided Rylee and i with some great late night conversations. On the train when it was quiet he yelled... I don't tell many people this but I love country music! (he had headphones in)
Nate: 
he is going to be a great dad, the kids loved him. he is sweet, funny and just fantastic. I loved talking to him and hanging out with him. Nate is the type of person you could talk to about anything, and sometimes I did. I love this kid to, I even put pizza in my purse for him when we went to the movie last night. I need to make sure my little Nate is taken care of.
Jon:
oh what to say about Jon... he is also going to be a great dad, the kids would just gravitate to him and he always had a huge smile on his face while he was hanging out with them. he is also a very hard worker, funny, and happy no matter the situation.
James:
The all time GREATEST storyteller. I love this kid. He is so sweet and sensitive, he is good at listening and giving advice (we would have girl talk with him) He is also great with kids and just hilarious.
Pretty much all of the guys in our group were amazing, great with kids, hard workers, and incredible. We were so lucky to have them around.
Teryn:
So sweet, she always looked cute, she's a tons of fun. she was always willing to share, which helped out in many situations! she was always happy and ready to work.
Lori:
A mother figure to us. Lori was so much fun and acted like a kid most of the time. I'm glad we had Lori there.
Meghan:
Another one who provided us with many laughs. She was great at making sure we all stayed in line and did what we had to do, she also had some comments she will never live down.
Angela:
Amazing. Angela was a lot of fun to have around. She was another one who you could talk to about anything and would just listen and give well needed advice. She is funny in a quiet sort of way. She added a quiet spice to our trip.
Sadie:
All time BEST laugh ever. Sadie is hilarious and every time she would laugh the whole group would end up bursting out in laughter as well. She was even funnier when she was "drunk tired" I love this girl!
Ken and Gaye:
 Our parental units on the trip. They were troopers, nothing stopped them. most of the time they kept up with us and shared LOTS of advice along the way. They were always sneaking around trying to figure out how the young single adult mind worked. I think we gave them a little insight into our world.
Rylee:
Last but definitely not least my roomie and mini-me (she's 3 years younger). We found out early in the trip we were very similar and would talk late at tonight, early in the morning, practically all day every day. She was my roomie. We shared a lot and I feel really close to her. She is so cute and I am so glad we became so close. The best moment was when we walked in the mud and POURING rain all through town and just talked about life and how great it is. That moment will remain one of my all time favorites of the whole trip!
As you can see we had a stellar group. I couldn't ask for anybody better. We all got along and had time to get to know each other. We would always sit by somebody new on the bus, train, plane or when walking. I am SO fortunate to have met these people and can say that Peru was another life changing experience thanks to each and every one of them. They became my family for 10 days. I didn't contact my family the whole time I was gone but I felt safe and well taken care of. I really love each and every one and can't believe how lucky I am to have met them. They all have qualities I wish I could have, they all make me want to be a better person and strive to be at their level. 
I feel so lucky right now! 
The only thing that could make this any better is if I were back in Peru with them. I guess for now I settle with hanging out with them. (which is awesome!)
THANKS VIDA CREW FOR ALL THE MEMORIES! 
And just incase I haven't said it enough... THANK YOU to those who made this trip possible! I truly appreciate your generosity and willingness to help me out and give me the opportunity to have this AMAZING experience.

1 comment:

Teri said...

What an awesome experience. I have said this before YOU NEED TO GO ON A MISSION little lady! Do it! I love you. Aunt T