The Many Adventures of Emri and Aubrey
Today Emri and I took a little trip to Wal-Mart to pick up flowers and seeds for the garden she is planting with grandma. Here are the events that followed:
1. Walking in she told me we didn't need a cart because I was going to hold her the whole time, after getting a cart...she decided she wanted to sit in it (thank goodness)
2. We walked down the toothpaste/band-aide isle (so I could pick up a toothbrush for my trip) she saw the Tinkerbell toothpaste and princess toothbrush and HAD to have them. 
EMRI: I NEED a new toothbrush and that Tinkerbell toothpaste, it looks different and I need it.
(Since I am big on having nice clean teeth I thought this one was a good purchase)
3. After the toothbrush went in the cart she saw the princess band-aides... we had to get those too. 
ME: Emri you're not hurt, why do you need a band- aide? 
EMRI: I don't but when I get hurt I will need a princess band-aide.
ME: Well I guess you have a point there, put them in the cart.
4. (In the garden section) We picked the pink flowers, the dragon flowers, and the butterfly flowers. Then she pointed me in the right direction to find the seeds (she knew right where they were) While we were at the seeds we HAD to get the jack-o-lantern. I was pretty sure the garden didn't have room for pumpkins but since Halloween is soon (as Emri told me) we had to get them.
5. After thinking we had bought enough toys for the day we went to the self check out line. I had put a game in the cart and told her we would think about buying it after we were done in the garden section. When we got to the check out line she shyly asked "Can I put this on there too?" I think by now you can guess what the sucker inside of me said...
6. We were putting the stuff in the trunk and she saw the pink umbrella I had back there. It was cloudy so we had to use it while walking the cart back....what if it started raining? She wanted to keep it open in the car, but since I don't drive a 16 passenger van I had to put that idea down. 
7. I asked her if I could go to one more store or if I need to take her home first. She got a huge smile on her face and told me we could go to another store (not a fun one or one with any toys so it wasn't as great as she thought)
8. EMRI: I want to touch my sky (I rolled down the window)
ME: Well where is my sky?
EMRI: It is in Arizona. This is my sky, my clouds, and my wind.
ME: Wait thats not fair I live here, can I have the sky out my window?
EMRI: Yeah I guess. Can you make the wind stop?
ME: I can if I roll up the window.
EMRI: No I want to touch my sky.
EMRI: Ahhh, it is such a beautiful day.
9. Still driving to the other store she told me how tired she was because her mom woke her up SO early and she was just really tired. I told her as soon as we got home we could take a nap (she didn't agree to that idea because she wanted to play with all of her new toys and read her new princess books)
10. Still driving...
EMRI: When I'm four I will know how to do everything.
ME: Really? Everything? What about driving a car? I think you have to be 16 to do that.
EMRI: Yeah and when I am 16 I will drive everybody to the ice cream truck and we can all have ice cream.
(sounds like a good idea to me)
11. Walking out of the other store Emri decided we should of gotten something for Katie. What a thoughtful sister... perfect timing too.
12: Pulling in the driveway..
EMRI: Oh we need to show grandma the flowers we got.
ME: Which ones do you think she'll like?
EMRI: She will LOVE the butterfly ones, and I need my brella.
We got home and played and she took a nap. There are so many funny things she said, I just can't remember them all. The point of the story is.... If you send Aubrey and Emri out to get something they will come back with WAY too many toys. I know, I'm a sucker. My thought is...she only has one aunt...it's part of the job.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I hope you can wipe the "sucker" word off your forehead before church. Very cute post! When are you leaving. I know I keep asking.

jessicalangprice said...

Man you ARE a sucker! Looks like she had fun though, that's what matters. Man I miss Walmart...Good luck & have fun in PERU!? Totally cool that you're going there. Save the world.