Tonight as I put Anna to bed I really missed a few things...
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her, I LOVE that she sleep for 10 hours, I LOVE her smile and her stubborn personality but...
I miss my belly.
I miss being in labor.
The main thing I remember about the whirlwind that was November 16-17 was I had SO much fun. We laughed, enjoyed visitors, made jokes, became friends with the nurses and I couldn't have better memories of those days.
I miss this.
The moment Jon and I were told we were going to finally meet our little girl
(along with the other 15 people in the room)
As weird as it sounds I sometimes miss the NICU.
Having my sweet tiny peanut in there was a surreal experience.
I learned so much.
Jon and I had the opportunity to spend some quality time staring at her, learning with her, talking and silently enjoying family time. I wouldn't want to go back but I still have a great amount of love and respect for those who cared for Anna while I couldn't.
I miss her being so small.
and I really do miss those exhausting first few weeks.
They will always hold some of my best memories.
It will never be the same, I will never have a first baby again.
I would relive those days (along with my wedding day) over and over if I could.
Thankfully there have been many fun days since and many more in the future.
Dear Heavenly Father-
Thank you for helping me forget the few uncomfortable moments and the sickness, however I only remember the good which makes me think I am going to have a million kids that are only a year apart. Also, thank you for giving me Jon, he always let me know when I am being completely irrational.
{oh and thank you for Anna and her lovable smile and squish-able cheeks}

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aubrey - you are so sweet! (and crazy - really? you misss being in LABOR??) Thanks for posting such positive comments about things that you generally only hear NEGATIVE comments about!

Heather said...

Aubrey - you are so sweet! and crazy (really? You miss being in LABOR?!?) Thanks for posting such positive comments on things you generally only hear talked about NEGATIVELY!!