Five years ago...
It is hard to believe 5 years ago I was getting ready to graduate from Murray High, have a fantastic summer, and move away for my first year of college. I could never have imagined where I would be, what things I have done, and how my life changed five years later. I don't think I thought I would be in the position I'm in, or ever thought I could travel the world all alone. The last five years were a roller coaster ride filled with incredible highs, depressing lows, and some times where I was just coasting. It is weird to think what the last five years has brought me...
  • A few more stamps in my passport
  • Two different colleges
  • One move away from home
  • A unforgettable (not in a good way) singles ward experience
  • A 3 year YSA calling
  • A few dates here and there (and maybe a boyfriend or two)
  • One marathon
  • A few half- marathons, and some other races thrown in there
  • New friends
  • Saying goodbye to old friends
  • One painful heartbreak
  • An amazing African adventure, filled with service
  • A different perspective on life
  • A sister-in-law
  • One return missionary brother
  • The last brother sent out on a mission
  • Independence
  • Adventure
  • Two different majors
  • One acceptance to grad school
  • Declining my acceptance to grad school
  • Applying to a different grad school
  • Finding out what I really wanted to do
  • One step closer to knowing who I am, and accepting it
  • The "Aunt Panties" Status (almost twice)
  • The death of both a Grandma and Grandpa
  • A 40 hour a week job
  • Completion of a few of my life long goals
  • A blog, and facebook page
  • Two parents over the age of 50
  • A job offer in San Diego
  • A Credit Card (and credit card bill)
  • A College Graduation
  • A die hard U of U fan
  • A fantastic internship (and great friends from it)
  • A closer relationship with my BFF Brittany
  • The marriage of 90% of my friends
  • Meeting the Latham's (the coolest people ever)
  • Becoming closer to Jessica and Tally
  • Meeting Bethany
  • Plus realizing anything is possible!
What I hope the next five years brings me...
  • Another acceptance to grad school
  • A husband
  • A new career as a Pediatric PA
  • A fantastic life
  • More stamps in my passport
  • Happiness
  • Another sister-in-law (or two)
  • A few more nieces (and hopefully a nephew)
  • Success
  • One kid (or a preggo belly, don't want to move things to fast)
  • Love
  • And endless opportunities....
Thanks too everybody who has been there supporting me over the last 5 years, I hope you will be there to see where I am in 5 more (almost 28, wow I'll be old!)
GRADUATION (ugly cap and gown) HERE I COME!

6 comments:

Kim and Layne said...

I am pretty sure you left "Meeting the Latham's (pretty much the coolest people I know)" off your list...Maybe it just slipped your mind. Happy Graduation!!!

Christie said...

Yay I can't believe we are finally graduating!! How crazy fast has the last few years gone by?! Well friend you better sit by me tomorrow at graduation. Congrats to us!!!
P.S. I need your number and addy so I can send you a baby shower invite!

Sister Beta said...

Oh Aub. Love the post! So I wasn't in on all of the last five years, or even most, but I plan on keeping up with you for the next
5....and yes, you will be old! Oh yeah, and I'd like to think of myslef as being the coolest part of that African adventure...ha! :) Anyway, happy graduation, it's official, you're a big girl now!

Shari said...

Oh very cute-no mention of me which has to rank in the top 5 greatest experiences in your entire life but I know there are too many to mention!! Love you-congrats on your graduation-see you in 12 days!!

Kim and Layne said...

Oh, Aubrey...Two weeks ago I was sick, last week we were out of town, and this week we will be at a baby blessing. I think you can just count us as inactive. I did answer your first "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" but I did it under the comment on my blog. I don't have your email. By the way, thanks for "editing" your list...it is much appreciated. Aren't you supposed to email me a picture of a certain member of the opposite sex?

Sister Beta said...

Niiiice!