Ode to the B in my ABC's
Dear B,

I am VERY sad you are leaving me to further your career and actually use the education you paid a lot of $$$ for. However as a friend I can't be mad about it. I decided I needed to express my feeling (to somebody other than my husband or aunt), so here it goes. We have worked side by side for roughly 579 days about 4632 hours. We met almost 3 years ago and had chart room parties before you joined me down in the room with no windows. You were my therapist from the day I met Jon until the day I married him. You helped me through the fun ups and downs of a new relationship and wedding planning. You invited me (and Jon) to your wonderful wedding which is where I believe he made the decision to take that crazy step. You have supported me, wiped my tears, laughed at my jokes, dealt with my grumpiness, answered my questions, given me advice, went shopping with me, had apple time, made treats, told me funny stories, interpreted my dreams, brought me sprite, made me turkey, drew me flowers, built foam forts, made a box castle....... the list can go on and on. You are a wonderful friend and I cherish our friendship. Even though Jon may think it is weird I enjoy EVERY second that we talk on the phone (after spending 8ish hours together and sometimes only moments after we part). I wish you only the best in your new job. 7:30-9:30 will be lonely from now on. I guess 97.1 will be my new noise to fill the void. I refuse to say goodbye, I just want to say see you later. Thank you for the following things (plus about 10000000000000 others)

Thank you for deleting the "this may be too much information" saying out of our vocabulary

Thank you for creating apple time

Thank you for not stealing my apple

Thank you for the bunny grahams

Thank you for my box friend

Thank you for the tastespotting

Thank you for inviting me to the winter social...

and being as weird as I am when it came to asking our co-workers... and making the most AWESOME snowglobe cookie this side of the Mississippi

Thank you for not laughing at my outfits

Thank you for teaching Jon about Facebook relationship status updatesThank you for the happiness (by the way where are my mini cupcakes you promised?) :) Thank you for being the BEST matron of honor, therapist, friend, flower picker upper, co-wedding planner, fire putter outter, etc.

Thank you for proposing with the awesome (and delicious) ring on my b-dayThank you for the parties

Thank you for switching places with me on April 1.
Thank you for planning the PB off.
Thank you for keeping secrets.
Thank you for the MANY adventures.
Thank you for just being there.
Thank you for the excitment.
Thank you for the talks.
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for the support.
Most importantly THANK YOU for being a wonderful, caring, thoughtful, awesome, steller, amazing, etc, etc, etc friend. I really am happy for you and excited for this new opportunity, you will be great at it and the world will never be the same. I look forward to our many phone calls and possible Bachelorette parties. I imagine we will still stay as connected at the hip as possible. Jon and Chris may have to give up some of their valuable time with us so we can be together. It has truly been a pleasure working with you, I couldn't ask for a better co-worker. The person who has to replace you will NEVER live up to my standards. Please don't go and replace me with another co-worker, or if you do don't tell me about it. Always remember Titanic ended with Leo going under water and Inception started with him waking up on a beach... a movie within a movie...
If you keep that in mind you will never fail.
thank you and good luck! (actually you don't need luck you will be great!!!)

No comments: