Something old

something new

something borrowed

and a dream come true.

Yep, back to the wedding we go.

The jewelry I wore on my wedding day was very special to me. First off I got my wedding ring, JH's gift to me that day.Secondly, thanks to my Aunt Megan, I had my earrings (the same ones she wore on her wedding day) They were in my wedding can with a sweet letter from her. I had already decided to wear pearls that day so it worked out perfectly.

On my 16th birthday my parents gave me a very special necklace. I always thought I would wear that on my wedding day, but in 2004 my dad gave me a pearl necklace for Christmas. (They were from India, he got them on one of his first trips over there. He was also nice enough to pick up pearl earrings for my one rockstar bridesmaid/matron of honor/bestest friend/coworker and my SIL and future SILs) When he gave me the necklace I was sure I would wear it on my special day. After JH and I got engaged my mom told me she and my dad had a special wedding day gift for me. She wouldn't give me any hints, I had to wait 6 months to find out what it was. On the morning of my wedding I was in the kitchen getting my hair done when I mentioned it to my mom. She went upstairs and her and my dad came down with ones of these...
(I wish this was a picture of me buts its not) I was shocked and so surprised. It had a beautiful necklace in it.
I didn't end up wearing it that day but it is still special to me. I wore it to church yesterday and it got me thinking about my small collection.
_____________________________________
My first (important) necklace
My parents on August 1, 2001
My charm bracelet
My dad on September 17, 2004
(he gave one to my mom and I the night before we ran our 1st marathon)
My pearls
My dad on December 25, 2004
My Ghana necklace
bought it on my first world adventure (July 2007)
My Peru necklace
bought it on May 17, 2009 right before JH and I had our first kiss.
My engagement ring
JH on November 21, 2009 at Rice Eccles Stadium (surprise!)
My Tiffany's necklace
My parents right before I got married May 15, 2010
My Wedding ring
JH in the temple after being sealed
_________________________________
I know there are a few more piece coming my way, thanks to my mom, Grandma Frogley and my great grandma. I love the thought of one day sharing these stories with my children/ grandchildren and showing them how awesome my parents are and how sweet JH is.

No comments: