Lesson Learned:
I am NOT invincible.
Lets rewind a few years to start off this lesson shall we? The first snow storm after I turned 16 was on a sunday. My mom told me she wanted me to get practice so she asked me to drive myself to church. I got in my little galant and had no issues. Ok now fast forward to a winter in 2005, 2006, 2007 ish... I was driving in a snow storm (much like I was doing today) on the good old freeway. I wasn't going fast but I just started spinning. When I came to a stop I was facing oncoming traffic. "Thats not good" I thought, so I turned my car around and continued on my journey. Now lets talk about last night. I was driving 2 mph and turning onto fashion blvd when, here we go again, I started spinng, no cars around, no heart racing, turned my wheel and went on my way. I was telling the ladies at YW last night about my 2 different 180 stories, it was fun, and I thought that would be the last of my stories for a few years. WRONG!
Ok so today 30 December 2010. I got up early thinking it might take me longer to get to work. Well we live in a basement apartment so I never know how much it really snowed until I get outside. Well it snowed A LOT. So I trudged through the snow in my flats to my trunk to get my boots, scraped off my car, shovel the driveway and continue on my way.
{classy look I know}
At this point I was not at all concerned about being to work ontime I was concerned about getting there. So I drove slow through my neighborhood and got on the unplowed freeway (way to go udot). I was driving along when the car in front of me started going 3 mph. I didn't want to run into the back of the car so I started to move over (don't worry I was going about 8 mph at this time). If you live in utah you know a little pile of crap build up inbetween the lanes, well my little honda plowed through it and what happened... 180. As I was doing what I remember learning (pumping my breaks and not over correcting) I said to myself, crap I am going to hit that cement barricade. Guess what I was right! I hit it. I looked at the oncoming traffic, turned my car around, drove for a bit, pulled over to call JH and look at the damage. JH didn't answer so I had to leave him a voicemail that went something like this...." pause, puase, pause... tears, tears, tears... some words about spinning and hitting the wall... an apology for the money we will have to spend... no mention if I was ok, and then click" (apparently I worried him a bit). I continued on my way to work and got here safely. Below is the damage, not bad.
thank goodness.Lets just say I have never been scared of driving in the snow, I still am ok with it. I just now no snow related accidents can and WILL happen to me. I am just thankful I was the only on in the car and no other cars were close to me.

2 comments:

Al my Gal said...

That is crazy that it has happened to you so many times!! It just shows how awesome of a driver you are. :) I am glad you are unharmed and that the car just has a black eye.

P.S. I love the boots with the skirt!! It's totally hot!!

randclang said...

Promise the lesson is learned?......only 9 years after you started driving....we feel blessed that you have learned it and that you have had only minor incidents. Now let's hope your brothers learn it without any major problems.