Happy Birthday Weekend!
This weekend started out with a celebration of B's birthday at work. We laughed, ate Cafe Rio, enjoyed funfetti cookies, and had a good time bonding as coworkers.
Penny bought different cakes mixes and wrapped them in lab boxes. After wrapping them we had different people in the division deliver them to B throughout the afternoon. (The greatest were Kyle and the Lab tech.) We were glad people participated in the birthday fun.
Penny and I are awesome at wrapping gifts and "being green", no unused scraps here! So what if we wrapped 12 gifts in 5 minutes... they look good.
Many people delivered the gifts during lunch. It looks like B won the bakery/birthday jackpot!
After the ward party on saturday JH and I headed to celebrate E's birthday at her Candy Land birthday.
JH and I got E a shutterfly book with all of the pictures from Disneyworld. We decided we would cut down on fighting and get Katie babe one too.
SHe asked JH about 4 different times to read it to her. She would sit on his lap and point people out in pictures. He was so patient and cute with her. Each time they went through the book 2-3 times.
We played games and enjoyed watching E open gifts.
One of the games was opening suckers with gloves on.
Another game was a peppermint on a spoon race.
Mom and Joshie raced too. Mom cheated.
One of the many times Katie babe asked JH to read the book to her. I just love it when they are friends.
After we left Holly sent us this picture. She said that it was a good thing we got too because every time E sat down to look at her book Katie babe grabbed hers too.
Now onto some random pictures. I was looking through the pictures on my phone and thought I would share some of the classics with you.
The day after Thanksgiving last year JH took me to the E.R. My parents were at the cabin so he sent updates to them. This picture was one of the updates (and JH's favorite picture of me) I hadn't slept or eaten in two days and had shed MANY tears. Please don't judge. They also thought I might have swine flu... hence the reason for the mask. I went home without a diagnosis, a few days later I went to the doctor and made him test me for mono... guess what... yep mono it was. I was only out for a week though!
We went to Hogle Zoo with the family over Labor day, maybe this is at the little kids area, and maybe I pushed a kid out of the way to get in...
When I went to go get my temple clothes, JH had a little too much fun while I was in the dressing room. My mom, dad, and little brother were outside the door laughing and I could tell something was up. I opened the door to see this sight. Yep I still married him!
Well that is the end of the weekend and the random pictures.
For the advent today JH opened dukeopoly, I was getting ready for church when I walked in to find him looking at all the pieces and wishing we had time to play it.
hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Miko said...

As always, thanks for sharing your pictures. And yes I had a FANTASTIC weekend!!

Miko
www.fumikoalger.wordpress.com

Miko said...

As always, thanks for sharing your pictures. And yes I had a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

Lisa said...

I tried those funfetti cookies and they were yummy! In fact, I ate them for dinner last night while the kids were distracted with a movie so they wouldn't ask me for any more. My taste buds thank you for the recipe, but my thighs are not too thrilled about the whole situation!

Aubrey Hansen said...

Lisa-
I don't think you did enough research on those cookies. They are completely healthy. and one serving size is a whole batch (similar to oreos and may other treats), so.... if you didn't eat the whole batch you didn't even eat a whole serving!