My new favorite place....
St George!
Jon and I headed on a little trip this weeekend to support our fellow VIDA friend as she tied the knot. We drove down in 4 hours with one short bathroom/refueling stop. We made it there by about 4:30 and went on a walk to enjoy the SUN! We ended up at Denny's (classy I know) and ate a little dinner.
Then we walked around and found this gem... (take your kids here if you go to St. George)Jon kept talking about the hotel he stayed in as a kid and the putting green, every hotel we passed he would say "i think that was it" until we came to the Best Western Coral Hills He was in heaven. We stumbled across Menchies and I was in heaven. (it might be right up there with Golden Spoon) Jon insisted we go. The cup says "we make you smile" and I have to agree. During this little adventure we were introduced to Strawberry Bobas Jon LOVES these things now, I found them online but they are freakin' expensive maybe for christmas. This was the sunrise on the morning of the wedding. The happy couple. a reinactment of a famous pose. random picture of my cute shoes. I got so many comments about these (from friends and strangers)
RockstarsRylee and I
(not quite as good looking as the picture from Peru, but these will do.)St. George TempleThe dinner was held at the Red Mountain Spa and Resort.
It was amazing! Mama B. threw these centerpieces together last minute.Ring Ceremony (look at the backdrop)After a lovely dinner Jon and I went back to change and headed out to wander.We had so much fun! We ended up at Menchies again... not sure how that happened!! After a lovely rest we headed back home. Another 4 hours only 1 stop and only 1 bout of Road rage.
We had to make it home in time for Jon's birthday celebration.Any family get-together with my side alway involves some sort of game...
if it is warm it is ALWAYS hood golf (formally neighborhood golf)Katie babe wanted to join in..E didn't care so she picked dandylions... in the neighbors yard
(as we know my mom would never let that many be on her lawn)Special K blew out his candles... ha ha silly little kids.
Happy Birthday to my sweet husband!
I am SO excited for the few surprises I have in store on his actual birthday.
I have a feeling he won't appreciate them as much as I do but they are going to be CUTE!!

No comments: